Welcome to The Spheres
People have an innate connection to nature, which is often lost in the urban environment. The Spheres were created to reconnect people to nature through biophilic design and provide a space to take in the positive effects of exposure to nature, like increasing creativity and reducing mental fatigue. Each plant inside The Spheres was chosen from the Amazon Plant Collection and is expertly cared for by members of Amazon Horticulture.
We kindly ask that you limit your visit to one hour in order to accommodate the maximum number of guests at a time.
All adults (ages 18 and over) in your party must present a valid government ID to the reception desk inside the Spheres. See the below FAQs for more information.
2111 7th Avenue, Seattle, WA 98121
PUBLIC OPENING HOURS
10 a.m.–6 p.m. PST
First and third Saturday of each month (unless noted).
We encourage visitors to use public transit options or rideshare. Parking is available at 2021 7th Avenue, 2121 7th Avenue, or on neighboring streets.
- What should I know before I visit?To get the most out of your visit to The Spheres, we ask that you review the following guidelines:
- Please remain on walkways and refrain from touching plant life
- No weapons are allowed
- Limit your bag size to 12” x 12” or less
- When can I visit The Spheres?The Spheres are open weekdays from 9 a.m.–5:30 p.m. and are accessible to all badged Amazon employees and their guests (up to six).
We invite the public to visit The Spheres every first and third Saturday of the month from 10 a.m.–6 p.m. with confirmation of a reservation. You may reserve a public Saturday time here.
- Who contributed to The Spheres?The Spheres were the result of thinking big about what is often lost in the workspace—a connection to nature. The idea was conceived by Amazon leaders, Amazon Horticulture and design partners.
Through every stage, on-staff horticulturists were consulted to ensure the connection to plant life, conservation, and biophilic design remained the primary focuses. Amazon Horticulture worked with botanical partners such as Atlanta Botanical Garden; University of Washington Biology Department; Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden; The Huntington Art Museum, Library, and Botanical Gardens; and San Francisco State University with the belief that the best way to save plants is to share them.
- What is the climate of The Spheres?The Spheres climate is optimized so both plants and visitors can thrive. Visitors can expect a daytime temperature of 72 degrees Fahrenheit with humidity at around 60%. No heavy coat needed.
- Are there any age restrictions?The Spheres are open to all ages. However, minors (under 18) must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- Can I bring my dog?To ensure the safety of the plants and displays, pets are not permitted in The Spheres. Only service animals are allowed.
- Is there a coat/bag check?Due to limited space in The Spheres, we do not offer coat or bag check services.
- Are there food options in The Spheres?We proudly serve General Porpoise coffee on the second floor, as well as offer water to visitors. For nearby dining options, feel free to ask for a recommendation.
- Is photography allowed at The Spheres?While personal photography is allowed and encouraged, please refrain from using flash, tripods, or other photography equipment. For distributional or commercial photography, please submit an inquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Who can I contact with questions or concerns?Please email email@example.com with any questions.