Learn and be curious at Understory
Visitors will connect with and learn from artists in residence as they explore the intersection of art, nature and technology. At this ever-changing space of connection and collectivity under The Spheres, artists directly engage with visitors in the creative process to showcase how the practice of art breaks down barriers and builds community.
Welcome to Understory
Understory is an ever-changing destination where visitors are invited to learn and be curious about the connections between biophilic art, technology, engineering, and design.
Stop by Understory to view the current works of the artists in residence, ask the artists questions, and learn about their art and process.
Tuesday–Saturday: 10 a.m.–6 p.m.
Hours of operation are subject to change.
2101 7th Avenue
Seattle, WA 98121
We encourage visitors to use public transit options or rideshare. Paid parking is available at 2021 7th Avenue, 2121 7th Avenue, or on neighboring streets.
- Is photography allowed at Understory?While personal photography is allowed and encouraged, please refrain from using flash, tripods, or other distracting equipment. For distributional or commercial photography, please submit an inquiry to email@example.com.
- How long does it take to experience Understory?Visitors can fully experience the exhibit in 20-40 minutes.
- How do I access The Spheres?The public can access The Spheres on the first and third Saturday of the month month by making a reservation here.
- Are there any age restrictions?The Spheres Discovery at Understory is an immersive experience for everyone. However, minors must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- Who can I contact if I have questions or concerns?Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns. If you are a member of the media, please direct inquiries to email@example.com.
- Are pets allowed?Pets are not permitted in Understory, The Spheres, or the AWS Skills Center, with the exception of service animals.