Welcome to Understory
Understory is an ever-changing destination where visitors are invited to learn and be curious about the connections between biophilic art, technology, engineering, and design. Through immersive exhibits, hands-on activities, and community partnerships, Understory sparks wonder and appreciation for the plants and architecture of The Spheres.
Stop by Understory to view the current works of the artists in residents, ask the artists questions, and learn about their art and process.
Tuesday–Saturday: 10 a.m.–6 p.m.
Hours of operation are subject to change.
2101 7th Avenue
Seattle, WA 98121
We encourage visitors to use public transit options or rideshare. Paid parking is available at 2021 7th Avenue, 2121 7th Avenue, or on neighboring streets.
- Is photography allowed at Understory?While personal photography is allowed and encouraged, please refrain from using flash, tripods, or other distracting equipment. For distributional or commercial photography, please submit an inquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- How long does it take to experience Understory?Visitors can fully experience the exhibit in 20-40 minutes.
- Are there any age restrictions?The Spheres Discovery at Understory is an immersive experience for everyone. However, minors must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- Who can I contact if I have questions or concerns?Please contact email@example.com with any questions or concerns. If you are a member of the media, please direct inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Are pets allowed?Pets are not permitted in Understory, The Spheres, or the AWS Skills Center, with the exception of service animals.